2020 was a transformative year for everyone. Despite the pandemic and global lockdown, Daxx managed to promptly adapt to new conditions and continued to demonstrate a stable positive traction. Let’s look back at the accomplishments we’ve had throughout this year. Daxx 2020 in review is waiting for you!
First and foremost, 2020 has brought some big news to us!
Daxx became a part of Grid Dynamics — a Nasdaq-listed public technology services company and a leader in enterprise-level digital transformation. Grid Dynamics ensures growth and bolsters competitive advantage for Fortune 1000 companies: Google, Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, PayPal, and other tech giants. The union of our companies brings together up to 1000 experienced tech specialists in Ukraine. The event signifies the record-breaking growth among the tech companies in Ukraine and marks a new milestone for our companies. Read more here.
GROWTH & RECOGNITIONS
- Year by year, Daxx family has been growing, welcoming new employees in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, and Lviv.
- Daxx was named one of Ukraine’s TOP-50 IT Companies in 2020 by DOU.
- We’ve got several important recognitions by Clutch — an internationally renowned B2B rating and review platform such as: one of the Top Developers in Ukraine, Top 50 Ukrainian Leaders in Software Development, Top 1000 Global B2B Companies, Top 100 Companies for Fast Growth, and others.
- Daxx was rated as one of the Top Web Development Companies in Ukraine by TopDevelopers.co.
- Our company was among Top Ukrainian Tech Companies by recruitment volume.
- Daxx received the ISO 27001:2013 certification. It verifies the maturity and high quality of the company’s security management system. ISO 27001:2013 supplements the ISO 9001:2015 certification we got back in 2017.
- We welcomed a very important guest — Jennes de Mol, Ambassador at the Embassy of the Netherlands in Ukraine — in our Kharkiv office.
ACTIVITIES & CHARITY EVENTS
- On April 1st, we launched Daxx WFH Marathon and challenged Daxxers with new exciting tasks on learning, improvement, and having fun.
- For World Health Day, which is traditionally celebrated on April 7th, we devoted the whole week to a healthy lifestyle and called it Daxx Healthy Week. From sports contests to culinary master classes — we prepared a bunch of online activities for our teammates.
- On November 16-20, we held Daxx Healthy Week 2.0 — Pre-winter Recharge. Each day, health experts from different fields — from nutrition to physical therapy — shared their knowledge with Daxxers to help them fully prepare for the winter season.
- Liubomyr Ostapiv, founder of the “Family Budget” social project and iPlan.ua partner, held an “Anticrisis Webinar on Financial Literacy.”
- Anastasiia Nechyporenko (Bun), a certified nutrition specialist, prepared a lecture for Daxxers “How to Eat Healthy during the Quarantine?”.
- Olena Samostian, a pediatric neurologist and psychologist, prepared a useful online lecture for parents at Daxx “Child’s dopamine addiction to gadgets.”
- Anna Safonova, a practicing psychologist, gave a lecture “Anxiety and How to Cope with it.”
- Nikita Sitnov, director at London English School, held an online discussion “Let’s Talk about Our Addiction to Gadgets.”
- Olena Ponomarenko, English tutor at Daxx Kyiv, prepared a lecture “The Key Elements of Storytelling in Presentations” and “Tips for Cross-Cultural Communication Online.”
- Vitalii Radchenko, a trainer, gave practical tips at the webinar “The Algorithm of Everyday Life (How to Keep Your Back Healthy).”
- Iryna Ruhliadina, an experienced ophthalmologist, prepared a lecture “How to Prevent Computer Eye Syndrome.”
- We welcomed the students of IT Hillel School at Daxx Kharkiv office.
- We continue to support Be QA Today — an educational social project that teaches people with disabilities to test software and changes their lives for the better.
- Daxxers from Kyiv played their first game at IT: What? Where? When?
- Daxxers participated in two first-aid workshops.
- We held a CS:GO tournament across our offices in Ukraine. Counter-Strike fans from our team showed all their zeal in this competition and defined who are the champions.
- We conducted an online chess tournament. Our savvy chess players gladly participated in the competition and showed decent results.
- Daxx Kharkiv team continues to take care of prehensile-tailed porcupines at Feldman Ecopark.
- Daxxers supported a charity action “Lots of socks” and raised funds for people with Down syndrome during the international initiative happening yearly on March 21.
TECH MEETUPS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Together with Angular Kharkiv Community, we conducted several Angular meetups: Angular Kharkiv Meetup #7, Angular Kharkiv Meetup #8, Angular Kharkiv Meetup #9.
- Serhii Riabtsev, Scrum Master at Daxx Kyiv, held two webinars on Scrum: “Introduction to Scrum: What, How, and Why” and “Work from Home: A Scrum Master’s Perspective.”
- Oleksandr Demianenko, Full Stack .NET Developer at Daxx, and Vsevolod Istochnikov, DevOps Engineer at Daxx, conducted a meetup “Domain-Driven Design: Fundamentals.”
- We held a 2-day Cybersecurity Hackathon at Daxx Kyiv.
- Anna Panasiuk, a Senior Business English teacher at Daxx Kyiv, gave a lecture “Startups, Unicorns, and Silicon Valley.”
- Daxx became a partner of major IT conferences in Ukraine: RunIT, PHP fwdays’20, Agile Forum 2020, DevOps Fest 2020, KharkivCSS 2020, Java Fest 2020, RubyC, IT Dnipro Biz Meetup #9, Committed, Technologication.Online, MS Stage, Devoxx Ukraine, Build-up: Cloud Native Edition, and others.
- Daxx became a Golden Sponsor of Java Fest 2020.
- We raffled free online tickets to the largest IT conferences in Ukraine. As a result, our teammates attended IT Arena, RunIT Conference, Java Fest 2020, and other events.
- Daxxers showed their best at IRONMAN 70.3 Turkey 2020. Mykhailo Korzun and Dmytro Zhuzhniev conquered one of the toughest triathlons in the world.
- We held a Daxx Table Tennis Cup in Dnipro.
- Daxxers from Kharkiv participated in a triathlon IRON WAY 70.3.
- Daxx runners took part in numerous marathons, including:
- Sportbank London Run Online Marathon
- WORK.UA KYIV HALF MARATHON
- Avantazh Kharkiv International Marathon
- 11th Wizz Air Kyiv City Marathon
- 5th Interpipe Dnipro Half Marathon
- On September 12th, we celebrated International Programmer’s Day and congratulated our IT engineers on their professional holiday with comfortable hoodies.
- On June 21st, we celebrated Father’s Day and prepared an interview with our colleagues and proud fathers from all Daxx locations.
- On June 1st, we celebrated one of the most heartwarming holidays — Children’s Day — and prepared pleasant gifts for little Daxxers.
- On May 21st, we celebrated Vyshyvanka Day and proudly put our vyshyvankas on.
- On May 10th, we honored all working moms at Daxx with Mother’s Day.
- On April 27th, we celebrated King’s Day.
- For National Women’s Day, we shared the career stories of females at Daxx.
- During quarantine, we missed Daxxers a lot and cheered them up a bit with Daxx Care Boxes.
- On February 14th, we expressed our gratitude to the colleagues and sent thank you letters to each other.
- On February 28th, we celebrated Pancake Day (Maslyana) in our offices.
Last but not least, all Daxxers received Daxx Hygge Boxes on New Year’s Eve to feel cozy vibes and enjoy the festive spirit.
A new 2021 is right upon us, and we feel very positive about it!
Happy and healthy holidays, everyone!
Read 2019 in Review — Daxx Highlights here.