Daxx is looking for an Android developer to join CuriosityStream in Kharkiv
Our client is CuriosityStream. From the founder of the Discovery Channel, CuriosityStream is the award-winning streaming service.
CuriosityStream is accessible on a large number of devices, from your laptop to your mobile phone,
gaming system, or Smart TV.
Our team is looking for an Android Developer to join us. This is your chance to work on
exciting projects like our high-traffic web, mobile, and smart TVs web apps, as well as on our internal
You will have a relaxed work environment here, where you can stay focused on our goals.
All ideas are welcome, and it is common to see an idea or suggestion being implemented and live
within a week
- Meet weekly with team members across disciplines (UX, backend, ops) to drive relevant work
- You will be extensively using Kotlin, Java, Room DB, Espresso, Okhttp, Fresco, RxJava/RxAndroid, ExoPlayer & many other Android libraries and stacks
- Work closely with the team to build interactive, large-scale mobile TV applications
- Produce quality code and participate in our agile development workflow
- Must be comfortable working with Java, Kotlin, Synchronous, Asynchronous programming
- You show strong writing and communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with testing and continuous integration testing
- You’re are autonomous and reliable
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends
- Experience with emerging technologies Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Will be a plus:
- You did work on a large-scale android application
- You have experience with ExoPlayer, AndroidTV/ FireTV apps, Leanback library, WorkManager,
Chrome-Cast, InApp Purchase/Subscriptions
- You have experience being a mentor
- You keep an eye on having up-to-date documentation
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.