Daxx is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join the Wrisk team.
Wrisk is reinventing insurance for today’s digital consumer and helping an outdated industry become relevant again in the process. In the same way that fintech companies have disrupted the traditional banking sector, reimagining financial platforms for a new generation, Wrisk’s founders share a vision for how insurance ought to be: simple, transparent and personal. Bringing together two disparate industries (technology and insurance), they have created an insurance experience like no other, centered squarely around the customer.
The result is Wrisk: flexible insurance that adapts to fit your life. Our mobile-first, frictionless platform lets people interact with their insurance provider with the same ease, speed and transparency they’re already used to having with providers in other sectors. Customers can pay monthly, instantly make changes to their cover and bring all their disclosure, payment and claims information together in a single place.
Now, with some big brand partners, we are bringing our unique customer experience and platform to market to change how insurance is bought, sold and managed.
- Insurance at its heart is a data product. We are looking for a passionate developer to join us to help extract value and insight from the data that we collect.
- You will be responsible for our reporting and data infrastructure as well as for creating and maintaining our reporting suites, data feeds and APIs.
- You will be working as a core part of a small but highly skilled cross-functional team of software engineers, designers, insurance experts and finance professionals.
- We build our own core technology platform and you will be instrumental in designing, developing, owning and evolving our data and reporting systems, making sure they are fit for purpose as we scale.
- As we are a small start-up, you will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the chance to be involved in many different aspects of the technical stack.
- Develop and implement ongoing reporting and support management information requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain data processing and data collection systems, databases, data analytics and other elements of our data strategy.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Develop and maintain data-related APIs, feeds and interfaces.
- Monitor data for errors and inconsistencies, help to fix data-related issues.
- Work with colleagues and partners to identify MI requirements and prioritize business and information needs.
- Identify, define and communicate new product and process improvement opportunities.
- Highly numerate with strong technical skills and a hunger to learn even more.
- Enthused by working in a fast-moving start-up environment.
- A great communicator, with the passion to dig in, analyze data, find opportunities and convince others to take action based on findings.
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- Strong knowledge of and experience with data processing languages and approaches (e.g. Kotlin/Java)
- Familiarity with server-side technologies including, REST, Node.js, Kotlin, and Dropwizard.
- Experience in designing and implementing automated data processing systems using Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) strategies.
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem, using AWS data services (such as RDS Postgres, Redshift, Lambda, S3, EC2).
- Infrastructure as code, using tools such as Terraform or similar.
- Experience designing data models for analytical querying, with familiarity with star schemas and other data warehousing techniques.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with JSON data sources.
- Experience with setting up and administering reporting packages (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability to administer web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics/Tag Manager).
- CI/CD (we use CircleCI).
- Git (or experience with a similar distributed source control system).
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have
- Test-driven development.
- Data science, Big Data and related technologies.
- Statistical methods used to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Data/information security and data protection regulations.
- Project Management tools (we use Jira).
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
- Remote work opportunity