Daxx is looking for a React Developer to join our team.
PASSION.io is the Berlin-based company that lets you discover your passion through inspiring
PASSION.io helps people to make their dreams a reality by learning the skills from successful people. We call these successful people “experts” and by 2022, 30,000 experts will have helped 10,000,000 people. Our mission is to empower these experts to achieve that by providing the platform to turn skills into mobile apps and we give them everything they need to run a successful online business from concept to monthly payout. We are an international remote team with the majority of our business in the US.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior React Developer to join our agile team of professionals.
You are an experienced front-end software engineer with the vision to change the future of learning. Your mission will be to build ground-breaking products on bleeding edge technologies, that bring the Passion.io learning experience to the next level and to millions of people anytime, anywhere.
If you are passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve your skill set, then you are the type of person we are looking for!
- Develop and enhance our platform
- Develop new user-facing features
- Design and develop new applications for various platforms
- Be part of rapid prototyping new products beside our main platform
- Develop specifications and designs for complex applications or modifying/maintaining complex existing applications
- Perform code analysis, requirements analysis, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- You know when to take charge and when to follow, you are proactive on client concerns and needs. You display good judgement and are able to make tough decisions. You are also willing to tell hard truths and give constructive feedback
- You are punctual and responsive, and show up as a polished remote professional (zoom background, distraction-free space, good functioning equipment, adequate lighting)
- You are a solutions-oriented expert with a client first mindset and demonstrate excellent service to build trust with clients
- You are reliable to your colleagues and are able to give constructive feedback to your team members to help them improve service to build trust with clients
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can deliver quality work quickly and with grace
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, flexible with ideas, and are able to set priorities in a changing environment
- You approach work with genuine care and are a delight to work with
- 3+ years of experience (technical assessment will be required)
- Knowledge of React
- Proficiency in browser rendering behavior and performance
- Experience in front-end tools (e.g. Grunt and Gulp JS, Webpack)
- English Upper-Intermediate
- Professional, empathic, proactive, team player, problem solver
- Degree in computer science, engineering, MIS, or related field would be an advantage
- Experience with SQL, PSQL or MongoDB, GraphQL would be a plus
What you can expect from Passion.io:
- Steep learning curve: Expect the steepest learning curve you have ever experienced – we are building a playground at passion.io to become the best version of ourselves. Meet and work with successful people worldwide to learn their success secrets.
- Values-based company: Be part of an open, honest, creative, and results-driven environment where your opinion is highly valued. We want to change the world for the better by providing value to others.
- High-growth environment: You will be part of a strongly growing company, with the opportunity to develop into a key contributor with crucial responsibilities.
- Personal and professional development: You will tackle projects across departments and thereby gain an invaluable tool box for successfully tackling bigger and bigger challenges.
- Autonomy / entrepreneurial work-style: You will only be measured by the results you produce and are in the driver’s seat, with full flexibility.
- Remoteness and flexibility: You will join our truly international remote team from over 10 nationalities and work from anywhere you wish
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- In-person team building events/ vacations a few times per year where we cover flights, accommodation, and fun
- Equipment budget
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- A fast-paced yet fun, young, and growth orientated team that is also professional in haxball
- A fully remote working environment, with full flexibility and freedom to work on your own schedule (within reason)
- No micro-management (we treat you like an entrepreneur)