Daxx is looking for an Engineering Manager to join and expand the Cloud Platform team in the Exabeam Kyiv team.
Exabeam is the leader in user and entity behavior analytics. We deliver a complete Security Intelligence Platform that enables customers to easily collect all of their security-relevant data, accurately detect complex threats, and to effectively respond to security incidents. We have built the best threat detection solution on the market to identify and analyze attacks in real-time using Big Data, advanced Data Science, and deep security expertise.
Kyiv is our 2nd largest engineering office, where you will work with dozens of other talented and like-minded people.
You will be a part of an Exabeam Cloud Platform team that designs and implements a Cloud Native, multi-tenant, microservices and Kubernetes-based platform to build security applications. As part of the management team, you will have the opportunity to lead teams that define and implement various areas of the platform including data ingestion, data processing, algorithm design, machine learning, reporting, visualization, etc.
The project’s stack includes Scala, Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, Jaeger, Kafka, NATS, MongoDB, Postgres, TimeScaleDB.
As an Engineering Manager, you manage a local engineering team of approx. 15 engineers. You must ensure the smooth execution of engineering projects involving infrastructure, backend, frontend, and test automation. You must also ensure effective collaborations between the US and Ukraine teams.
- Lead team members to design and deliver high quality software with proper architecture, code quality, performance/scalability/resilience characteristics.
- Work closely with US counterparts. Ensure architecture of systems takes into accounts all proper stakeholders (development, PM, SRE, etc.)
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and deadlines.
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and conflict resolution within or between scrum teams.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Gather individual feedback on team members from the client and from team members.
- Manage individual team member performance and career growth.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Strong technical background.
- 4-5 years of experience as an engineering manager, team leader, or supervisor leading a remote development team for a foreign company.
- Able to work with, motivate, and empower senior engineers to perform at their best.
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts, microservices/distributed architectures.
- Experience with managing software development projects involving both backend and frontend and test automation.
- Understanding of Agile principles, TDD, BDD approaches, proven experience working within Scrum/Kanban methods.
- BS or master’s degree in the Engineering field.
- Experience managing agile developments with excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledgeable in at least one programming language, software development experience is a must.
Nice to have
- Experience with developing software products in stream/distributed data processing, analytics or workflow orchestration areas is a big plus.
- Agile SM, SCM, PMP, ACP or other certifications are a plus.
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive Salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.