Daxx is looking for Engineering Manager to join the Data Lake team at the Exabeam project in Kyiv.
Exabeam is the leader in user and entity behavior analytics. We deliver a complete Security Intelligence Platform that enables customers to easily collect all of their security-relevant data, to accurately detect complex threats, and to effectively respond to security incidents. We have built the best threat detection solution on the market to identify and analyze attacks in real time using Big Data, advanced Data Science, and deep security expertise. Exabeam is a US Silicon Valley-based company. Kyiv is our 2nd largest engineering office, where you will work with dozens of other talented and like-minded people.
Data Lake (DL) is a product that collects, processes, and stores a large amount of event data over a long period of time, and offers an efficient way of searching and analyzing the data. DL is a large scale complex distributed system. The DL engineering team consists of engineers specialized in system infrastructure management, data collection, data processing, query optimization, frontend UI, and test automation. The DL engineering teams are globally distributed with about the same size teams in the US, Ukraine, Israel and soon India.
As an Engineering Manager, you manage a local engineering team of 10+ engineers. You must ensure the smooth execution of engineering projects involving infrastructure, backend, frontend and test automation. You must also ensure effective collaborations between the US and Ukraine teams.
- Assume scrum master role and oversee day-to-day agile executions
- Work closely with US counterparts. Actively involved in scrum-of-scrum cross-team coordination
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and deadlines
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and conflicts resolution within or between scrum teams
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage individual team member performance and career growth
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in software development is mandatory
- Experience managing agile developments with excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Experience as an engineering manager, team leader or supervisor leading a remote development team for a foreign company
- Experience with managing software development projects involving both backend and frontend and test automation
- Understanding of Agile principles, TDD, BDD approaches, proven experience working within Scrum/Kanban methods
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts
- BS or master degree in the engineering field
Nice to have
- Knowledge of distributed systems with queueing, load balancing, performance and scalability
- Knowledge in backend and/or frontend technology stacks
- Agile SM, SCM, PMP, ACP or other certifications are a plus
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.