Daxx is looking for a Senior Full Stack React Developer to join the Wrisk team.
Wrisk is reinventing insurance for today’s digital consumer and helping an outdated industry become relevant again in the process. In the same way that fintech companies have disrupted the traditional banking sector, reimagining financial platforms for a new generation, Wrisk’s founders share a vision for how insurance ought to be: simple, transparent and personal. Bringing together two disparate industries (technology and insurance), they have created an insurance experience like no other, centered squarely around the customer.
The result is Wrisk: flexible insurance that adapts to fit your life. Our mobile-first, frictionless platform lets people interact with their insurance provider with the same ease, speed and transparency they’re already used to having with providers in other sectors. Customers can pay monthly, instantly make changes to their cover and bring all their disclosure, payment and claims information together in a single place.
Now, with some big brand partners, we are bringing our unique customer experience and platform to market to change how insurance is bought, sold and managed.
- We’re looking for a talented Application Developer to evolve our existing web applications as we scale out to multiple partner brands.
- You will be working as a core part of a small but highly skilled cross-functional team of software engineers, designers, insurance experts and finance professionals.
- You will have direct input on the Frontend architecture and strategy, taking ownership of what you build.
- You will be collaborating closely with other members of the engineering team to evolve supporting backend Kotlin APIs, with a focus on security, performance and maintainability.
- As we are a small start-up, you will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the chance to be involved in many different aspects of the technical stack.
- Excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team.
- Passionate about writing smart, simple, and clean code (but with an understanding that real artists ship).
- Tirelessly striving for the best end-user experience and driven to make interactive technology better for real people.
- Driven to keep learning the latest developments in the field of software engineering and product delivery.
- A great communicator who able to articulate technical issues in plain language that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- A vocal advocate of agile and lean methods.
- 4+ years of experience in building highly-scalable and well-performing web applications.
- Extensive knowledge of React, Node.js
- Familiarity with component-based design systems and CSS-in-JS.
- Experience in building and maintaining UI component libraries.
- Experience with AWS, in particular for web-hosting.
- Experience in working with REST APIs.
- A good understanding of identity and session management.
- Test-driven development.
- Git (or experience with a similar distributed source control system).
- Strong problem-solving skills for debugging issues throughout the entire stack.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, physics or related discipline.
Nice to have
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Kotlin or Java.
- Familiarity with one of the server-side technologies: Dropwizard or Gradle.
- An understanding of Progressive Web Apps.
- Familiarity with styled systems and styled components.
- Frontend state management using React hooks and contexts.
- Infrastructure as code, using tools such as Terraform or similar.
- CI/CD (we use CircleCI).
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience in designing and delivering RESTful APIs using JAX-RS frameworks.
- Project Management tools (we use Jira).
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
- Remote work opportunity