Daxx is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the CloudQuant development team in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, or remote.
The Infrastructure Engineer will join the engineering team of a rapidly growing and global start-up in the Alternative Data and FinTech space. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining high-availability Kubernetes clusters both on-prem and at various cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure). Your efforts will enable numerous innovative technologies and products that accelerate sales for data vendor clients as well as empowering global fundamental and quantitative investment managers to generate a higher ROI on their data purchases.
We have developed innovative, next-generation data exploring, and algorithmic testing and trading systems. This position will provide the opportunity to push your technical skills and knowledge to the next level. The learning curve never stops at CloudQuant.
- Creation and maintenance of Kubernetes infrastructure on-prem and at various cloud providers, mirrors of various open-source repositories, cache strategies for optimizing cloud-based CI/CD pipelines, VM images for development process use-cases, disaster recovery processes
- Provide leading k8s uptime on-prem and in the cloud, including developer support and training regarding developer-facing k8s API/CLI (you will be the in-house k8s expert)
- With IT management, approve developer requests for mirroring of open-source artifacts and populate/maintain on-prem repos
- Utilizing local repositories only, and working with IT management and developers, approve and script the creation of VirtualBox VM images for various developer use-cases
- Delving into developer-created Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines to identify and implement cache strategies to improve testing iteration times, including tests that require deployments to k8s (requires coding/scripting)
- Recovering from planned disaster simulations regarding the infrastructure you manage
- Respond to support requests (some of which you may delegate upon providing training)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher – Technical
- Expert in: Linux administration, Kubernetes management (on-prem, AWS, Azure), backup/restore/redundancy strategies
- Proficient in: bash scripting, Docker build, git (rebasing dev branch workflow with the fast-forward-only master), CI/CD paradigms
- More than a passing familiarity with Windows, VBoxManage CLI, C++/debugging (gcc/gdb/clang/lldb), SQL (Postgres), Azure DevOps pipelines
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written)
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Python, Grafana, Airflow
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.