Daxx is looking for a Strong Junior/Middle Scala Developer to join the Exabeam team in Kyiv.
Exabeam is the leader in user and entity behavior analytics. We deliver a complete Security Intelligence Platform that enables customers to easily collect all of their security-relevant data, to accurately detect complex threats, and to effectively respond to security incidents. We have built the best threat detection solution in the market to detect in real-time advanced attacks using Big Data, machine learning, and security expertise.
Kyiv is our 2nd largest engineering office, where you will work with dozens of other talented and like-minded people.
Who we are looking for:
- You are full of energy and an enthusiastic junior/middle developer with some or good experience in the industry, or, at least, a good understanding of it.
- You have at least basic knowledge of Scala (either theoretical or practical or both) with strong Java or another background. Good Scala knowledge is a big plus.
- Have good Computer Science, OOD/OOP, data structures knowledge, able to solve coding challenges, demonstrate problem-solving and learning skills.
- Have some algorithmic knowledge, can solve related tasks and problems with confidence.
- Real commercial development experience is a must.
- At least basic knowledge (either theoretical or practical or both) of high-loaded systems, big data flow and streaming pipelines, scaling, multi-tenant, concurrency.
- Understanding of CI/CD principles, PaaS/SaaS and microservice architecture.
- Familiarity with Kafka, ELK stack, Zookeeper, Prometheus, MongoDB – at least anything from this list – or alternatives.
- An outspoken person, very proactive, a team player.
- Have a product mindset and ready to learn fast.
Nice to have:
- Functional programming experience.
- Knowledge about Linux, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in initiating product changes and improvements, as well as participating in hackathons or similar events will be a plus.
- Know who is Martin Odersky, read his book and/or passed the Functional Programming Principles in Scala course on Coursera.
- Join our team to participate in creation, ownership and development of mission-critical pieces of our large-scale data pipeline that processes hundreds of thousands of events per second.
- Learn fast and contribute to product development actively.
- Participate in creation of features and maximization of performance at multiple levels of the stack either as a feature team member or independently: Scala applications, orchestration, scripting, and bare metal.
- Learn how to work on clusters that can ingest multiple terabytes per day, can scale to 100 of nodes.
- Be involved in the end-to-end delivery of features, investigate edge cases and be able to create test cases to cover those, and provide proper maintenance of the codebase.
- Solve the incoming issues, notice the positive and negative trends, and communicate possible problems and achievements clearly and loudly.
- Direct cooperation with the customer.
- Working with a big, transparent, fast-growing company with worldwide presence and top customers, a leader in Security Analytics Platforms.
- Joining a team of experienced professionals within one of the highly-demanded domains.
- Business trips to the US and other offices.
- Dedicated HR/Client Manager.
- Regular performance reviews (twice per year).
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days.
- Regular corporate events, internal hackathons, team buildings, etc.
- Remote work opportunity with willing to visit our Kyiv office on a frequent basis.