Daxx is looking for a Lead Python (Django) Developer to join a team in our Kyiv/Kharkiv/Dnipro office or remote.
About the client:
CRITICALSTART is turning the managed security services market on its head by being the first to
look at cybersecurity threats in a new way! We are on a journey towards building the future of
cybersecurity, and we need highly talented and motivated people like you! At CRITICALSTART,
we live by three very basic principles: do what’s right for the customer, don’t do things that
suck, and do what’s right for our employees. That’s it! By concentrating on these three values,
we have built a lasting culture that delivers on promises to our people and our customers – and
they are the key drivers to our long-term success!
About the project:
Zero Trust Analytics Platform (ZTAP), is our core MDR product which is both used and licensed. It is a PaaS that is completely on AWS using the latest technologies from AWS. Primarily it is a large event collection and event categorization engine. Designed for scale and continuous updates – we update the platform at least once a day.
- Expand Ukraine team.
- Help the team release new features, fix bugs, that sort of thing. You’ll most likely own one or two sub-components of the overall system.
- Use Python/Django – primarily for day-to-day programming.
- Work with Postgres, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch.
- Everything on AWS, using AWS services by default.
- Development occurs with Docker, and so do production deployments.
- Deal with Terraform that is well maintained and getting better every day.
- There is an incredible focus on API design and maintainable code, expect to provide and receive lots of feedback.
- Write complex code without complicating it.
Who you are:
- You have about 5-8 years of Python/Django programming experience.
- You understand how to write Pythonic code that is clean, maintainable – yet solves complex problems.
- Talking about Locks, Mutexes, and Semaphores doesn’t make your brain hurt – as you will be working on distributed systems problems.
- You have your own way of making mental models of complex systems. We have an incredibly distributed team, so having a model of what you are trying to accomplish and getting that through on the phone is crucial to your success here.
- You have some solid Linux skills, not to perform Systems Administration but you know when to use grep versus having to write a program.
- If you have little Python/Django experience but you’ve made the switch from/to programming language/framework many times in the past, awesome!
- Incredibly clear in your English verbal and written communication.
Will be a plus:
- Strong understanding of AWS and Terraform.
- Elasticsearch querying, storing, and APIs.
- Direct cooperation with the customer.
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager.
- Employee Stock Options.
- Employee Healthcare.
- Regular corporate events.
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- A constant stream of new things to learn.