Daxx is looking for ML/NLP Engineer to join and expand Daxx New Client team in Kyiv
About the project:
We’re a start-up looking for an experienced ML/NLP engineer to join our team, to help build-out the ML/NLP elements of our innovative AI-based search agent platform.
At our company, we are developing a paradigm-shifting search agent mechanism, involving a whole new search experience driven by AI (ML/NLP). Our first application is in product search, essentially replacing the standard ‘filter’ component in marketplaces and e-commerce sites. The result is a virtual agent that helps you to discover the right products for you – by helping you explore choices, stimulating you to consider alternatives, automatically processing your (potentially conflicting) preferences, and engaging with you through multiple channels (web, mobile, messenger) using natural language.
The team includes AI/ML, back-end, front-end, and UX resources. Our tech stack is currently based on Python and React. The first development phases have been completed, and an MVP for a fully functional marketplace is in place. This enables us to test all the core concepts, before moving to the development of components and a service backbone that we can integrate and deliver to marketplace/e-commerce players. Together with one of the co-founders (20yrs of ML/NLP experience), you will form the core of the AI team to take us through these important next phases.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Development of ML solutions for the platform
- Engineering of feature extraction from unstructured data (text, images)
- Definition and integration of data pipelines
- Further development of the NLP and dialogue engine
- Integration of ML/NLP solutions to the platform
- Active participation in the development of the best ML and NLP approach
- Minimum 5 years of full-time post-university development experience
- You prefer working in a start-up environment. You are flexible and dynamic, and comfortable
- with rapid prototyping, iteration and dealing with a level of uncertainty
- A capability and desire to span from the development of specific algorithmic components all the way to their implementation in the overall platform
- Strong Machine Learning background, with profound knowledge of different ML methods
- Significant and demonstrable NLP experience
- Fully familiar with the Python machine learning libraries (TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-Learn)
- Fully familiar with the Python data science libraries (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy)
- Fully familiar with the Python NLP libraries (NLTK, spaCy, CoreNLP)
- Ideally familiar with knowledge graphs
- Familiar with working in distributed/remote teams
- Able to “think out of the box”, take on new ideas
- Good command of English, and comfortable with regular voice/video calls to discuss the way forward
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive Salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.