Daxx is looking for a Senior PHP developer to join Emesa in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The company is located in Amsterdam. It is tackling the challenging high-volume world of real-time auctions. The projects are related to building and improving the auction system and the connecting back office system, payment & financial processes.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced developer to join one of the teams and help to bring their sites to the next level. They have high ambitions to scale and expand, and we need you to be the driver of it from the backend perspective.
● University/bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics
● Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
● Experience working in an agile team
● You are familiar with PHP MVC frameworks like Zend, Symfony and/or Laravel (any version).
● You have basic knowledge or want to learn about git or similar SCM systems, Linux and shell scripting, SOLR, NodeJS and designing of REST based API’s.
● You love to write and optimize code and solving difficult problems
● Capable of defining new features/processes, based on business and technical requirements
● Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards
● Fluent in English; written and verbally
● Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical co-workers
● As a PHP backend developer you will make sure that applications are performant, secure, stable and will remain so for the benefit of the company’s customers and internal stakeholders.
● You will develop new backend functionalities according to business requirements.
● We expect you to come up with the technical requirements yourself in collaboration with the team.
● You will have a key role, together with the team, in improving the current backend of the auction system, CRM, API, Frontend and connected systems.
● They use continuous integration; you will perform code reviews for your team and other teams and your code will be reviewed as well, of course.
● Every two months you can take part in the company’s Labs Hackathon where you can prototype your own ideas and experiments.
● During the company’s Talks, you learn from the experience of your fellow colleagues and can present technical topics yourself for a skilled audience.