Daxx is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Nearmap team.
Nearmap’s ambition is to be the source of truth that shapes our liveable world. As a senior member of the Product Design team, you are responsible for helping create intuitive, empowering and scalable digital products and helping mentor junior members of the team.
You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to use your full range of product design skills, conducting user research, defining and documenting end-user workflows, and illustrating user journeys. You will own the experience for a dedicated product area.
You will also play an important role in advocating the value of strong design culture at Nearmap. Working with cross-functional partners to create an efficient product design process and putting customers at the center of everything we do. You will help shape the broader visual language, working with the Brand team to create a consistent digital look and feel.
- Collaborate closely with the product team and other business stakeholders to understand our customers’ needs and ensure we are solving the right problems
- Partner with product managers and engineers to synthesize insights and ideas into requirements and deliver products and services that have real impact
- Illustrate and communicate design solutions across complex use cases by creating and documenting user journeys, mock-ups and prototypes and UI
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes to test out ideas with customers and stakeholders – you know when lo-fi sketches or hi-fi specs are required
- Design efficient and reusable UX patterns that drive compelling 2D and 3D user interface experiences
- Working closely with engineers to come up with technically viable, simple, and scalable solutions for a diverse set of customers
- Take a pragmatic and iterative approach and understand that not all requirements can be delivered at once – you can hone in on what’s essential to meet user needs and deliver business value
- Own the end-to-end design (UX, interaction, visual, etc.) across one or more of our products in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Help to create a holistic and ambitious design vision for Nearmap
- Think long-term when considering how your project fits into the broader roadmap
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior Design team members
- 5+ years experience working in digital products and services
- Experience designing complex interactions and flows
- Experience designing Geospatial or SaaS products
- Deep experience in at least one of the following facets of design: user research, service design, interaction design or visual design
- Have experience and curiosity within agile and lean philosophies
- An active member of the product and/or design community
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal presentation skills
- Bring together a user-centered approach with business needs and technical feasibility
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated knowledge of converting customer insights into valuable customer experiences
- Customer-focused approach to problem solving
- An expert in combining design and analytical skills to reach creative solutions
- A data-driven decision-maker
- A good brand ambassador
- Demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS, and a working knowledge of current engineering approach to building digital products
- A team player, someone who values a great team culture
- You’re curious and a keen learner who is passionate about product and product design
- Able to travel occasionally
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive Salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.