Daxx is looking for a Roku developer to join the CuriosityStream team.
Our client is CuriosityStream – streaming service from the founder of the Discovery Channel, CuriosityStream is the award-winning streaming service.
CuriosityStream is accessible on a large number of devices, from your laptop to your mobile phone,
gaming system, or Smart TV.
Our team is looking for a Roku developer to join us. This is your chance to work on
exciting projects like our high-traffic web, mobile, and smart TVs web apps, as well as on our internal
You will have a relaxed work environment here, where you can stay focused on our goals.
All ideas are welcome, and it is common to see an idea or suggestion being implemented and live
within a week.
- 2+ years of experience building native Roku applications, including time spent at a startup
- Up-to-date and robust grasp of Scenegraph and Brightscript
- An impressive portfolio of shipped Roku applications that you are proud to discuss
- Strong grasp of UI design patterns and passion for delightful user experiences
- A love of Roku development
- An understanding of bash scripting
- Significant experience with automated testing (unit tests/integration tests/etc.)
- Successful history of working as part of a remote team
- Strong verbal and written communication
- A high level of integrity and a passion for collaboration
- Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer-grade experiences in our Roku application
- Work with cross-functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discrete and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics
- Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Build a scalable and stable application architecture using MVC patterns to deliver a first-class OTT product
- We have a work environment here where we can stay focused on our goals. All ideas are welcome and encouraged, and it is common to see an idea or suggestion being implemented rapidly. Your autonomy, reliability, and proactivity won’t go unnoticed
- Own the product — Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of the role of the project
- Smart delivery — Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that move the needle
- Impress yourself — We hold ourselves to quality above and beyond something that “just get it done.” Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness
- Collaborate without ego — Willing to take on roles small or large to further the mission at hand
- Stay on the edge
- Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies, pushing yourself and your team to new heights
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc