Daxx is looking for a Senior Scala Developer to join the Exabeam team in Kyiv.
Exabeam is the leader in user and entity behavior analytics. We deliver a complete Security Intelligence Platform that enables customers to easily collect all of their security-relevant data, to accurately detect complex threats, and to effectively respond to security incidents. We have built the best threat detection solution in the market to detect in real-time advanced attacks using Big Data, machine learning, and security expertise.
Kyiv is our 2nd largest engineering office, where you will work with dozens of other talented and like-minded people.
Exabeam is looking for a Tech Lead for the Security Applications team. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and implementation solutions for existing security applications as well as implementing brand-new data processing components. The main goal for the security apps is to detect advanced security threats using the latest stream processing and machine learning techniques. This position provides an opportunity to define and work in various areas of the platform including data ingestion, data processing, algorithm design, machine learning, reporting, visualization, etc. as well as being able to contribute to all aspects of product definition and system architecture.
- Design solutions, make technical decisions, measure the feasibility
- Develop various components, services and features using the latest technologies and coding in Scala
- Work closely with other engineers, Product Managers, and customer support teams.
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of features and be ready to provide maintenance after launch
- Write clean, elegant code that solves complex problems
- Participate in design & code reviews
- Participate in OnCall rotation 9-18 Kyiv time on weekdays
- Solution design skills and experience
- Professional experience in building scalable distributed systems and working with data processing systems (Akka, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, or others.)
- Experience in Scala or other functional programming languages (Haskell, Scheme, Lisp, Ocaml, F#).
- Alternative deep Java expertise and strong desire to learn Scala.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB and Elasticsearch is a plus)
- Experience with Reactive Streams (Akka Streams is a plus)
- Knowledge of building complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability requirements of large 24 x 7 systems
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud providers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Willingness to visit our Kyiv office at least once a month
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Business trips to the US
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive Salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days