Daxx is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join the Adbeat team in Kyiv / Dnipro / Kharkiv or remotely.
In business since 2010, Adbeat provides an advertising intelligence app that crawls the web on a massive scale so our customers can see what their competition is doing. We show them what kind of ads they’re running, where they’re running the ads, and how much they’re spending on them. We need additional front-end development to help to make our
core product even better as well as launch new and exciting product lines for new markets.
Our app’s complex UI is constantly evolving and we’re always looking for new ways to improve it. As a front-end developer, you’d take the lead on developing the UI. You’d be responsible for implementing new features and overcoming the unique technical challenges we face when building a performant app that must display large amounts of data. You’d work closely with a designer and product manager to improve UX, display data in new and interesting ways, and help to create a product you’d be proud to show-off.
Baked-in to our company culture is freedom and flexibility. We have just two scheduled meetings each week. The rest of the time, you’re free to focus on your work and just meet as needed to make sure your work is progressing. We also have an easy vacation policy: if you need some time off, just let us know. We must be doing something right, because on average, the other developers on our team have been happily working here for 7+ years. They’re also easy and fun to work with. If this all sounds good to you, please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Build new tools and reports (using our internal API), that will allow our customers to leverage our data in new and exciting ways
- Build and improve web pages that support our sales team
- Work with our product team to fully understand requirements and priorities
- Work with our product team to address QA and customer feedback quickly
- Actively participate in all development life-cycle activities like release planning, coding, testing, and deployment
- Write readable, testable and maintainable code
- Improve the team and company—you will be an active participant in our culture (new initiatives, code review, testing) Design, build and deploy a high-performance web application for our trading platform
- Proficiency with complex HTML/CSS/JS
- Comfortable working in our core framework (Knockout.js)
- Good understanding of networking (especially HTTP)
- Experience optimizing front end performance (especially for complex data dashboards)
- Be highly resourceful, self-motivated, and possess a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Ask questions early and often when unclear about deliverables
- Create your own development plans and Asana tasks from verbal discussions with stakeholders — take verbal feedback out of meetings and proactively add to your Asana task list and manage priorities to get the work done
- Document your code as you work and use unit tests, understanding that others may take over your work later
- Check your own work for errors
- Send a daily report on what was accomplished and any help needed
Will be a plus:
- Experience with UX design principles
- Experience with React, d3, Require.js, jQuery, less/sass
- Experience with Jinja, Silex, and Twig templates
- Experience with Puppeteer
- Experience with integrating 3rd party APIs (HTTP and RESTful)
- Experience with Git, github, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with PHP, Python, MySQL, SQLalchemy
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.