Daxx is looking for a Senior Node.js Developer to join the Solomonic team.
We are a legal-tech start-up that combines legal expertise, data science and data visualization with the ambition to become the market defining database of litigation intelligence and analytics. We provide a web-based app for users to see trends, identify risk, research historic and ongoing claims and crucially, improve the quality of their decisions and predictions.
Our primary users are law firms, litigation funders and insurance companies – we already have several of the market leaders as customers including Herbert Smith Freehills, Pinsent Masons and Holman Fenwick Willan.
We’re a small, growing and ambitious team based in London looking to add a Senior-level developer to help grow our Analytics platform and introduce additional features such as (but certainly not limited to!) integrating machine learning and data scraping into our data capture systems, building a flexible and robust data warehouse for litigation analytics, refreshing the user interface and building additional modules.
- Architect and build mission-critical systems across the stack
- Help scale out existing systems to support our growth
- Mentor junior team members and support them in developing features
- Prototype to quickly test out new ideas and experiments
- Advocate and practice disciplined software engineering principles
- Have a keen eye for detail
- 5+ years experience developing mission-critical systems
- Experience building distributed, service-oriented architectures with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Experience modeling data with SQL, NoSQL and Graph databases
- Knowledge to use Object-oriented and/or Functional programming in the right context
- Worked in outcome-focussed, high-output teams with all the usual tools (Agile, Scrum, Git, Jira, etc. or similar)
- Upper-intermediate English
Will be a plus:
- Experience deploying and managing systems-at-scale in the cloud – we use AWS
- You’re passionate about delivering end-user value through great UX and robust infrastructure
- An active interest in Machine Learning, AI and/or NLP
- Experience with Angular/React
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR / Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.