Daxx is looking for a Senior Big Data Developer to join the AgileLab team.
About the client
Agile Lab is a top tier data engineering firm, specialized in Spark and many other distributed technologies since 2013. Agile Lab is now employing 60 talented data engineers/scientists in a remote-first culture and with an international mindset.
We are looking to hire a talented Big Data Engineer to develop and manage our Big Data solutions. In this role, you will be required to design and implement Big Data tools and frameworks, data-intensive applications, and cloud platforms.
To ensure success as a Big Data Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies and top problem-solving skills.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements complex systems
- Challenges the team processes, looking for ways to improve
- Mentors junior engineers via pairing, design, and code review
- Builds software solutions by adhering to our quality standards about SDLC
- Makes active efforts to stay up-to-date with technologies
- Leads the technical design of complex systems
- Understands and optimizes system performances
- Takes the initiative to fix issues before they become a problem
- Delivers complex systems, well-baked, and almost bug-free
- Proactively identifies problems with requirements and project plan
- 3-5 years of experience as a Big Data Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and similar frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Scala or Java with a willingness to switch to Scala
- Expert in cloud-native technologies, IaC, and Docker tools
- Ability to solve complex networking, data, and software issues
- Business and functional understanding
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Leadership capabilities
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
- Remote work opportunity