Daxx is looking for Senior ML Engineer (Python) with NLP and Image Recognition Experience to join and expand Traverz team in Kyiv
About the project:
At Traverz we are developing a paradigm-shifting search agent mechanism, involving a whole new search experience driven by AI (ML/NLP). Our first application is in product search, essentially replacing the standard ‘filter’ component in marketplaces and e-commerce sites. The result is a virtual agent that helps you to discover the right products for you – by helping you explore choices, stimulating you to consider alternatives, automatically processing your (potentially conflicting) preferences, and engaging with you through multiple channels (web, mobile, messenger) using natural language.
The first development phases have been completed, and an MVP for a fully functional marketplace is in place (stack: Python / React). This enables us to test all the core concepts, before expanding our scope to the development of front-end components (likely React-based) and a service backbone (Java-based) that we can integrate and deliver to marketplace/e-commerce players.
You will strengthen the ML team to help drive our ability to ‘wow’ users in their search experience, by helping to develop and integrate our AI-driven smart agent concepts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Development and integration of algorithmic and ML/NLP/Image recognition solutions
- Further enhancement of the NLP and dialogue engine
- Engineering of feature extraction from unstructured data (text, images)
- Development of predictive models based on user data
- Definition and integration of data pipelines
- Active participation in the development of the best ML and algorithmic solutions
- Minimum 5 years of full-time post-university development experience
- You prefer working in a start-up environment i.e. you are flexible and dynamic, and comfortable
with rapid prototyping, iteration and dealing with a level of uncertainty
- A capability and desire to span the development of specific components all the way to their endto-
end integration to the overall platform
- Very strong and broad ML background, with profound knowledge of different ML methods
- Significant and demonstrable NLP experience
- Fully familiar with Python data science libraries (numpy, pandas, scipy)
- Fully familiar with Python NLP libraries (above all spacy)
- Familiar with python ML libraries (Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Familiar with working in distributed/remote teams
- Able to “think out of the box”, take on new ideas
- Good command of English, and comfortable with regular voice/video calls to discuss the way
- You enjoy working with highly motivated people in a highly collaborative environment
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive Salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.