Daxx is looking for a Support Engineer to join CompuWeigh team in Dnipro.
CompuWeigh was incorporated in 1978 when it introduced the first computerized legal-for-trade bulkweighing system for the grain industry. Since then CompuWeigh has remained the dominant player in scale control for the grain industry by providing more than 60% of all the bulkweighing control systems in the USA.
CompuWeigh provides a comprehensive Windows based data management system that integrates weighing, grading and inventory management with customers’ accounting systems.
- This person will serve as the primary liaison between the company and customer for technical assistance and problem solving via the telephone.
- Major responsibilities include diagnosing and answering complex questions on function and usage of our products; troubleshooting, testing and customer follow up.
- Tracking and maintaining records on all customer issues and making certain that all problems are resolved and all fixes are delivered is vital.
- Build strong relationships with development and end-users/clients with a focus on client service and delivery and fostering the DevOps culture
- Minimum 2 years of experience in supporting an enterprise environment
- You’re passionate about helping people, and want a job where you can do that full time
- Very good understanding of the IT field (Windows, networking, some scripting, understanding data communications)
- Extensive understanding of enterprise monitoring solutions
- The candidate must have strong analytical /problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communications, fluent in English
- Have the ability to promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users.
- You’re extremely detail oriented and organized, and are comfortable balancing a lot of different projects at once
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Dedicated HR/ Client Manager
- Regular performance reviews
- Competitive salary, medical insurance, 20 working vacation days
- Regular corporate events, team pizza lunches and Friday company breakfasts