Daxx is one of the largest Dutch IT companies on the software development service and consulting market, delivering remote software teams to clients in over 20 countries around the world. Since 1999, we’ve grown from a two-man team in the Netherlands to 450+ people operating from development centers in Ukraine.
We are pleased to announce a unique opportunity to join Daxx as a Senior System Administrator L1, L2. This is a senior-level functional support and management role aimed to ensure excellent internal IT service, grow and innovate it.
This role requires leadership skills, knowledge of network protocols, different operation systems (Mac OS, Windows, Linux), professional network and server equipment, and set of office software.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in system administration (100+ workstations)
- Leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac OS system administration
- Understanding of MS Active Directory
- Knowledge of network technology: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Knowledge of network devices: switches, routers
- Strong experience in the user manual and business process documentation
- Upper-intermediate English
Will be an advantage
- ITIL Certificate
- Power Shell and Command Line syntaxes
- Virtualization technologies Hyper-V and VMware
- Managing the cross-location department of 3 system administrators
- Negotiation with the suppliers of IT-related goods and services (Internet providers, IT equipment suppliers, cloud hosting platforms, system integrators, subcontractors etc)
- Setup and maintain internal IT SLA
- Maintain and continuously improve business processes related to IT department
- Maintain and develop internal services (both cloud and in-premise)
- Setup and maintain workstations of Daxx employees
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Install and tune operation system (Windows 7, 8, 10, MacOS, Linux, Ubuntu or similar)
- Contribute to and maintain internal IT standards
- Forecast, organize and manage procurement for workstations and peripheral equipment
- Perform hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure and replace CPU, memory, SDD/HDD or whole workstation as required.
- Perform regular monitoring of the Internet connection quality and reliability
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Collaborate closely with Information Security Manager to ensure security compliance
- Perform backups on request
- As a Help Desk employee, organize repairing and recovery from hardware or software failures
- Perform tuning and monitoring of the network equipment. In particular, Mikrotik (NAT, Firewall) and WLAN.
- Setup and support the Employee Physical Access System
- Organize cabling and install new Ethernet sockets when needed
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for professional growth
- English speaking practice in the international environment
- Competitive salary, medical insurance
- Annual paid vacation equals 20 working days
- Friendly and open working culture
- Modern and comfortable office facilities
- Dutch management style. Open and direct culture
- Colleagues that you will be happy to work and have fun with
- Opportunity to be promoted to Head of IT / CIO when the company grows further