Daxx is looking for a Technical Writer to join our HVR Team in Kharkiv.
HVR delivers an enterprise data replication and validation platform that enables high-volume real-time data movement between databases and file systems supporting a broad variety of technologies.
To expand the engineering team we are looking for a Technical Writer with deep experience in software documentation whose primary focus would be on creating/editing customer-facing product documentation.
This role involves quality control actions for the documentation, to ensure linguistic and stylistic accuracy, and systematic style across different documents. The editor can also be involved in writing or updating technical customer documentation.
The work is done as part of HVR’s engineering team, in close cooperation with developers, QA, and other experts.
- Plans, writes, edits and conducts formal reviews of online technical product documentation using web-based Confluence Wiki team collaboration tool as
the document editor.
- Collects data by interviewing Subject Matter Experts (developers, QA, and others), researching written material, and using the software on lab machines.
- Coordinates across cross-functional groups, proactively and effectively communicating at all levels, and regularly develops, adapts, and provides
written and oral presentations, status reports, and updates.
- Quickly learns and applies new tools, processes, and technical information.
- Successfully manages multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines. Initiates and drives projects to improve quality and efficiency;
supports similar initiatives driven by others on the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Science or Technology.
- Proficient in writing and speaking English, attentive to publications standards, and demonstrate excellent grammatical and editorial skills
- 4+ years of experience in technical writing (producing technical product documentation) required
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of technical writing is essential
- Proficient with Photoshop or other photo editing application, and SnagIt or
the similar screen capture tool
- Experience with Confluence Wiki software and developing online
documentation is a plus
- General knowledge of SQL Language, Relational Database and its concepts
- General knowledge of MS office tools
- General knowledge of Markdown, HTML, CSS
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix commands is a plus
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities